ndZf71un71YaadKJydXAobLayzI Bringing Home Paradise: Shopping Free! - 6/15

Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Shopping Free! - 6/15

                I started out today ready to hit up a few great deals I'd waited longer than I should have to hit... But while I missed some, I did find a few others that I couldn't snag on my last trip to the city;-D The shelves had been cleared in each of 6 Walgreens a few days ago, but thankfully, the lone Walgreens in the little town down the road, isn't exactly swarming with couponers! 

Despite my high hopes for Walgreens today, I decided to stop by Walmart first, and take care of a few stragler coupons I had left for some possible overages (providing they had restocked anything lately - it's also in the small town, and product just doesn't churn out at the same pace as it does elsewhere, and so it isn't order in such high quantities either). Walmart proved to go better than expected! There was a VERY helpful woman stocking random items on the floor, that was beyond willing to take a break, and check in back for a couple things that were showing up in the system, but not on the floor yet. Another stroke of luck was seeing one of my favoriteeeeee cashiers had just started her shift! It's always reassuring knowing someone you KNOW knows the coupon policy is working and still will be by the time you're done hunting down your items! But enough of that... Here's how that little haul went:



Total before coupons and tax: $49.23

Total after? They PAID ME! Even after grabbing the bread and milk I needed, and a LOT of Glade, I made $12.99 when I was done!

Let me break this down a little:
There were 12 Glade Expressions Refills clearanced to $1 each. There were also 75cent off coupon peelies on the spring collection of Glade located on a large display near the normal glade isle. These only included the restrictions that they could not be used on Glade solids, or the 8 oz aerosols. (Yes, it was THAT specific!). Since the refills I was after are actually 7 oz, I decided to give them a try. They worked flawlessly! No beeps, no questions, no nothing:-) 
I bought 9 Chapsticks for 98cents each, and used 9 $1.50 coupons on them, giving me a 52cent overage!
There were two packs of toothbrush heads left that were $6.27 each (Most Walmarts have these cheaper for some reason.), and I used 2 $7 coupons on those. Leaving me a 73cent overage:-) 
The big coupons here, however, were the $4 Almay coupons. I bought the last stick of deodorant for $2.24, creating a $1.76 overage for that coupon, and I bought the last 6 I could find of the Almay Makeup Remover Pads for $1.14 each, leaving me a $2.86 overage per item! 

This has to be my favorite (though smaller) trip in quite some time!

Next, I decided to stop by Shopko to see what clearance they might have, since my remaining Almay coupons will be expiring after this weekend! (I realize Shopko isn't as large of a chain as most, and apologize to any of you that have noooo idea what I'm talking about!)Though they didn't have any good deals on their Almay, I did grab a couple other little things some of you might be interested in checking for!


Shopko had a couple very interesting colors of Sally Hanson clearanced to $1.49 each, and these NutraNail Perfect Manicure sets clearanced to $2.99, down from $11! 

Luckily for me, I had a few Sally Hanson $1 off coupons that I'd found some time ago at Walgreens (they are tear offs on some of their displays). Making each bottle only 49cents! When I saw the manicure sets clearanced, what really caught my eye was the edge of a coupon INSIDE the front of the pack... I opened the top, and sure enough, there are $2 off coupons inside of each one! So I took the coupons out of the two packs I wanted to buy, and brought them down to 99cents! My total came to $4.02, which I paid for with part of my Walmart overage!

Next, it was on to Walgreens. Unfortunately they were out of most things, but there was only one deal I REALLY wanted to hit anyhow! I had found the RIGHT diabetic coupon books there (Apparently a huge win at most Walgreens lately!), and they had a $10 off the Bayer NextEZ Glucose Meter, and the meters are on sale for $9.99, PLUS you get 2,000 points when you buy one! I grabbed 4, and did 4 separate transactions, gaining 8,000 points, without spending a dime. There wasn't even any tax! (And don't worry, I didn't buy something I don't need just for the points. I am giving two to family members that need a backup just in case, and will be finding the other two homes soon!)

After I was done with the Bayer meters, I had another deal I was lucky to see stocked! Walgreens has a couple Glade products on sale 3/$3! This includes these flat, Glade Decor things, that I loveeeee the smell of! I had 9 $1/1 Glade Decor coupons! I made a mistake here though... They also have those Gel style things that you twist and move the top up a little, and just set somewhere... They aren't technically Glade Decor products (or don't say it at least), but when I did the 3 separate transactions and it was their turn, the lady was kind enough to point it out, and say she'd try scanning it and see what happens anyhow. They scanned fine, AND when scanned, the wording for the coupon scanned was different than it had been for the other products. It said it was for those too, and she said she'd let it go since it didn't beep or show anything wrong. I asked if she was certain, and thanked her for her help. (She is always VERY helpful when I'm lucky enough to catch her working. I often leave her some of the freebies I get, as a thanks for her patience and willingness to help me.)


All of that rambling pretty much sums up my day... How was your last trip? Did you find any great deals? Use any good coupons? Or have anything else interesting happen? I love to hear about what happens on your trips too! I'll try to stay better updated on what I'm finding, and the deals that aren't advertised for you all! Happy shopping:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment