ndZf71un71YaadKJydXAobLayzI Bringing Home Paradise: Spicing Up An Old T-Shirt

Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spicing Up An Old T-Shirt

While I was out yesterday I saw a woman in a shirt with tears across the back, and I thought to myself, "Wow, that looks kind of cute, but I wonder if there's a way to keep it from sagging were the cuts are..." So today I decided to attack one of my poor shirts for the sake of experimenting. I think it actually turned out quite well, and will definitely be wearing it soon! Here's how it went:
This is the shirt I chose. It had stretched a little funny in the wash one day, and I've been missing wearing it. Perfect for my first victim!
I then cut slits up and down each side.
Here's a better shot of the side spread wide so you can see the size of each cut and the distance between each cut. I didn't do anything specific here - just cut where I thought I would like it best.
It's a little hard to see here, but I pulled the second loop from the top under and over the first, then the next under and over that one, and so on and so forth until I reached the end. I then cut the last strip in half, and when I pulled those pieces through the last loop I double knotted each on its respective side so it couldn't come undone. And that's all there is to it! 
And this is the end result - with a tank top underneath. Both sides look like this, and it fits perfectly, with no distortion to the size. I love it! I'll be trying this with the back of a shirt soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment